By Jean P. Palutikof,Sarah L. Boulter,Jon Barnett,David Rissik
The ebook advances wisdom approximately weather switch edition practices via a chain of case reports. It offers very important facts approximately variation practices in agriculture, companies, the coastal area, neighborhood prone, catastrophe administration, ecosystems, indigneous populations, and settlements and infrastructure. as well as 38 case stories throughout those sectors, the publication comprises horizon-scoping essays from overseas specialists in edition study, together with Hallie Eakin, Susanne Moser, Jonathon Overpeck, invoice Solecki, and Gary Yohe.
Australia’s social-ecological platforms have an extended background of adapting to weather variability and alter, and in contemporary many years has been a world-leader in imposing and discovering model, making this booklet of common relevance to all these operating to evolve our surroundings and societies to weather change.
Read or Download Applied Studies in Climate Adaptation PDF
Similar human geography books
Traditional knowledge says that the realm is heading for a tremendous water drawback. by means of 2050, worldwide inhabitants increases from 7 billion to a remarkable nine. five billion and the calls for this can position on nutrients and water platforms will necessarily push river basins over the sting. The findings from this booklet current a distinct photo.
First released in 1991. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Geographers have for a very long time contributed a lot useful precise info at the geographical styles of affliction and overall healthiness care supply to the clinical international. On its first e-book in 1985, this edited assortment addressed the necessity for a overview of growth within the box of clinical geography which may additionally form additional advancements.
Karen Sievers untersucht, welche Rolle raumbezogene Bindungen - 'Heimat' - im Rahmen des Stadtumbaus in Ostdeutschland einnehmen. Unter Rückgriff auf die Beispiele Sanierung und Tagebau geht sie den Fragen nach, was once dieses aktuelle Programm der Städtebauförderung aus diesen 'lernen' könnte, an welchen Kriterien ein 'behutsamer Stadtumbau' gemessen werden müsste und wie 'Theorie und Praxis' des Stadtumbaus mit dieser Herausforderung umgehen.
- Weather, Climate and Human Affairs (Routledge Revivals): A Book of Essays and Other Papers: Volume 4 (Routledge Revivals: A History of Climate Changes)
- The Constitution of the City: Economy, Society, and Urbanization in the Capitalist Era
- In Their Place: The Imagined Geographies of Poverty (Radical Geography)
- Theoretical and Empirical Studies on Cooperatives: Lessons for Cooperatives in South Africa (SpringerBriefs in Geography)
- Geopolitics and Empire: The Legacy of Halford Mackinder (Oxford Geographical and Environmental Studies Series)
- The Geography of Warfare (Routledge Library Editions: Political Geography): Volume 8
Additional resources for Applied Studies in Climate Adaptation
Applied Studies in Climate Adaptation by Jean P. Palutikof,Sarah L. Boulter,Jon Barnett,David Rissik